Sunday 27 April, 2008

Indian way of doing things



THE INDIAN WAY OF
DOING THINGS!




Three contractors. .
. . . .one from
India, another from Germany
and
the third from England are bidding to repair the White House
fence.

They go with a White House official to examine the fence.



The English contractor takes out a tape measure and
does some
measuring, then works on some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will cost $ 900- $ 400 for materials, $ 400 for labour and $ 100 profit for me."




The German contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then
says, "I can do this job for $ 700 . . . .$ 300 for
materials, $300 for my
crew and $ 100 profit for me."



The Indian contractor doesn't measure or do any figuring,
but leans
over to the White House official and whispers: " $
2,700. "



The official incredulously says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"



"Easy,"
the Indian explains, "$
1,000 for you, $ 1,000 for me and
we hire the guy from Germany to do the work!"


No comments: