Wednesday 18 July, 2007

Leave Letter - Indian Style

This is a collection of
leave letters and applications written by people in


various
places of India .



 



1. Infosys,
Bangalore
:
An employee applied for leave as follows:


Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please

sanction me one-week leave.



 



2.This is from
Oracle
Bangalore
: >From an employee who was performing
the

"mundan" ceremony of his 10 year old son:

"as I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for two days."



 



3. Another gem

from
CDAC
. Leave-letter from an employee who was
performing

his daughter's wedding:

"as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.."



 



4. >From H.A.L.
Administration
dept:

"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for
it,please

grant me 10 days leave."




 



5.Another
employee applied for half day leave as follows:

"Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not

return, please grant me half day casual leave"



 



6. An 
incident of a leave letter

" I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday."



 



7. A leave
letter to the headmaster:


"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request
you

to leave me today"



 



8. Another
leave letter written to the headmaster:

"As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day."



 



9. Covering
note:

"I am enclosed herewith..."



 



10. Another
one:


"Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."



 



11. Actual
letter written for application of leave:

"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I


may be granted leave".



 



12. Letter
writing: -

"I am in well here and hope you are also in the well."



 



13.A
candidate's job application:


"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and an

Accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both(!! )for the past several years

and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.



 



 

No comments: